2014 will be a big year for health reform under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). See the following chart for items under federal health reform that have at least a new effective date or change in 2014.
A key to the chart below:
- Light Green - needed to be accomplished in 2014 so they are ready in 2015
- Green - needed for group health plan design
- Yellow - important in the health care industry and for individual taxpayers
- Red - new taxes and fees
- Tan - areas we expect future guidance in 2014
- Blue - administrative requirements for health plans and industry
If you need help understanding federal health reform including changes in 2014, please contact Kinney & Larson.